Bikini waxing at home is an option that more and more women are choosing. It’s a convenient way to wax in the privacy of your own home, enjoying smooth, soft skin for a long time. Kimika helps you discover how to professionally wax your bikini area at home!
What is the best way to remove a bikini wax?
Many women shave to remove unwanted hair at home because it is the least painful. The problem? Very fast hair regrowth, the appearance of small pimples, itching and irritation, ingrown hairs: we often regret this quick shave!
Fortunately, there are bikini waxing techniques that provide a gentle and long-lasting result:
- The electric epilator: the epilator removes the hair bulb at the root. The regrowth is slower and therefore the hair is thinner. However, it is not recommended if you are a sensitive woman, as this method is often painful!
- Permanent or semi-definitive hair removal: these methods completely eradicate the hair. However, they are very long processes (more than a year) requiring many touch-ups. It is also quite expensive and will require a large budget.
- Cold / warm / hot bikini waxing: this is the most recommended method for soft skin for 3 to 4 weeks. This technique also makes it possible to refine the hair while being simple, fast, and less painful.
Steps for perfectly smooth skin and less painful waxing.
Bikini waxing at home is not that difficult when you know how to do it! Kimika only wants the best for you, that's why we're revealing our magic steps for successful hair removal:
- Prepare the area to be waxed: make sure your hair is neither too short nor too long. No matter what hair removal technique you use, the ideal is to remove hair when it is between 0.5 and 1.5 cm long.
- Cleanse and exfoliate the skin: start by applying Kimika's pre-depilatory cleanser for optimal results, then exfoliate the area with our sugar cane and coconut oil body scrub. Massage very lightly in circular motions. This phase allows you to remove aging skin cells and unclog pores so that the wax can adhere more easily and to avoid ingrown hairs as much as possible.
- Heat the wax to the right temperature [15s to 30s]: this allows you to obtain the perfect consistency, similar to warm honey, with a flowing finish to attach to the hair optimally.
- Apply the wax in the direction of hair growth: waxing is easier and less painful!
- Pull in the opposite direction of the hair: Hold skin taught with one hand and with other hand pull wax strip quickly in opposite direction of hair growth. Strip must be pulled back parallel to skin, in opposite direction, NOT in an upward direction.
- Finish with tweezers: disinfect your tweezers beforehand and use them to pull out the last stubborn hairs for perfect skin.
- Soothe the skin: use Kimika's lavender and peppermint oil with lemon to calm redness and soothe your skin. Also apply Vitamin E moisturizing lotion to treat swelling and reduce inflammation and keep the skin well nourished.
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours: Your skin needs time to rest. The sun, chlorine or salt can cause further irritation.
Recommendations for postponing hair growth.
Various factors can influence the speed of bikini hair growth. But there are universal and effective tips for delaying hair growth! Sage oil is one of the grandmotherly remedies: massage it into your bikini area after waxing.
Lemon is also known to temporarily block hair growth due to its high acid content. You can also try cosmetic products such as a gel made from ant venom, formulated to slow down hair growth. Finally, don't forget that regular exfoliation never hurts!